Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 36: Caribou

This is my second post of the day, but only to show a photo of the caribou I saw at the fen when I went out with Krista on my day off. I have a new favorite reading spot, on top of Krista's green dog house! The wind keeps the bugs away, it's out in the sun, and I can watch the chicks run around.

Krista troubleshooting some power issues for her batteries from
the wind generator and the solar panels to power her measuring
instruments.

My first wild caribou! She was running across the west side
of the fen, stopping here and there to feed. Amazing animal!

The dunlin team was near Krista's site, catching all the baby
chicks. This is the first birding crew I got to hang out with.

This is Emilie's mosquito-infested hat. I'll let you draw your
own conclusions about the mosquitos here... hink: they're bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment