Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 12: Last day in the old building

Tonight was taken up with a special assignment, which I cannot reveal until tomorrow. The repercussions of which mean that I must  keep this blog post short.

Tonight is the last night in the old building! Just as I was getting settled into the room, having built myself a cave beneath the bunk bed, I have to pack all my stuff up again and move to a new building. I don't know what to expect from it, but the tours seem to make it look like a 5 star hotel in the arctic. There's even an elevator! Where in the arctic can you go to a field station that has an elevator?

The cadets were volunteered to move matresses from the old building to the new
building. Tomorrow, I have to join the ranks and move more matresses...
I wonder if the head technique worked?
Tomorrow we strip the sheets in the morning and sleep in a nice new building tomorrow! Whoa!

Also, new arrivals! It's nice to see faces from the south!

No comments:

Post a Comment